Sunday, February 8, 2009

My oh My...

Well these buggers are growing fast. I've had to pick some out to thin the bunch of basil, and the tomatoes are shooting for the sky, and the peppers, well lets just say I'm shocked at the success. It appears a few of the green bell peppers from the grocery store are sprouting and I've more than doubled the number of sweet peppers I had before. It's time to start replanting some of these things in larger containers, looks like there might be a bountiful harvest in a month or two.













I finally finished the light fixture as well. I bought the ceramic light fixtures like you would use in a basement or closet for $1.50 at the thrift store. The reflector, wood, screws and brad nails were all scraps I acquired at no charge. I had to buy an extention cord to have a plug and wire. I've found it much cheaper to go buy one of these for $2.50 and cut the end off then buy wire and a plug. Then to hang it up, ceiling hooks, chain and 4 39 cent eyebolts.




I still need to work on something prettier to cover the shelf, the cardboard works for now, is cheap and effective, but...it's lacking in the aesthetic department. But at least the light is up. It currently only has 3 bulbs in it (Compact Fluorescent) I'm hoping I can get by with that, if not the box is made to hold one more for a total of 4. So...I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment