Monday, January 26, 2009

Here they come


Ok so I'm a bit late on this post, but somehow I didn't get in the way of the natural work of seed germination. We gots us some Basil & Tomato sproutin on up out of them pots. I need to get on the ball about lights.

I don't think I mentioned the white bases in the last post. The store didn't have the colored water trays for under the pots so I picked these up from them as the normal clay pot base (the orange colored ones) just roughed them up with some medium grit sandpaper and shot some primer on them evenly. Then came back with a white spray laquer I had left over from a few semesters ago. Once again, useful and cheap.

My watering can, which I have neglected to show so far, is just an old water bottle I saved and punched a bunch of holes in the lid with an ice pick, so far it seems to work great. I've been amazed at how quickly the soil dries up, I have been having to water these daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment